Retail and Commercial Space In Halifax
Connect with customers effortlessly by positioning your business in a Southwest Properties mixed-use or commercial development.
Imagine your business in a Southwest Property development that marries convenience and style, mixing high-quality rental and condo units with space for all the shops, services, and restaurants that our residents want within reach.
Locate your new or established business in some of the most sought-after, high-traffic areas of Halifax, Nova Scotia. Southwest Properties’ portfolio of retail and commercial rental spaces can help you meet your business goals.
The retail and commercial spaces in Southwest Properties’ portfolio are developed with the highest quality construction and smart, innovative, and efficient design in order to attract and retain the best retailers, restauranteurs, and service providers in Halifax. Bishop’s Landing was the first multi-unit, mixed-use residential and commercial complex on the Halifax waterfront—the award-winning building was developed by Southwest Properties.
At Southwest Properties, we value your success as a business, so we aim to exceed expectations when it comes to maintenance and customer experience.
Available Retail & Commercial Spaces
Take advantage of a premium downtown location with the added benefit of proximity to some of Halifax’s most popular attractions, including one of the world’s longest waterfront boardwalks and historic Pier 21.
Bishop’s Landing has a proud history of innovation in Halifax’s retail landscape and is an international award-winning development on the Halifax waterfront, comprising 206 residential suites, and 40,000 sq. ft. of retail and commercial space.
- 40,000 square feet of street-front / plaza-front retail and commercial space
- Class “A” retail space
- Easy access from Lower Water Street and from the popular waterfront boardwalk
- Pay & Display parking
- Over 200 condos and apartments
CUNARD’s location beside our award-winning Bishop’s Landing development broadens the footprint of what has become Halifax Waterfront’s retail and residential beating heart. A mixed-use residential and retail project, this exciting development will offer premium, ground-level retail opportunities on Atlantic Canada’s busiest boardwalk. Space Available.
- 23,000+ sf ft flexible retail and commercial space
- Situated on dynamic Halifax Waterfront
- Supported by retail mix within the complex and surrounding residential density
- High pedestrian traffic
In Good Company
- Bertossi Group to open new restaurant > read here
- The ownership group behind Sea Smoke Restaurant at Bishop’s Landing will be bringing an elevated Asian fusion called ASIA. > read here
Seton Ridge will be a development unlike any other in the region. Located just 2km from the Halifax peninsula on one of the area’s largest parcels—Seton will provide beautiful views of the Bedford Basin from its perch above Mount Saint Vincent University. This authentic community will include a town centre complete with all the shopping, dining, service, and recreational amenities required to make it a true urban village unto itself. Space Available..
- New Urban Village
- Town Centre over 105,000 sf +- of integrated podium retail opportunities
- Site accessible via two primary routes from Downtown Halifax and Bedford & services by transit.
In Good Company
- Small scale boutique retail
Move your business to downtown Halifax’s most desirable multi-unit, mixed-use complex. With over 14,000 sq.ft. of retail and commercial space, it’s the perfect location to reach Halifax’s young professionals—who value convenience as part of their urban lifestyle—with your restaurant, spa, or retail location. Fully occupied.
- Prime street-level retail space
- 14,000 total flexible space (fully leased)
- 20 ft ceilings
- High vehicular & pedestrian traffic
In Good Company
- The Ville Caffeine Bar
- The Mercantile Social
- Arthur’s Urban Market
South Park: PAVILION and CURVE
Situate your retail business within the commercial and retail space in PAVILION and CURVE, making up the 20,000 sq. ft. of premium street-level space available across from the Public Gardens and at the foot of Citadel Hill. South Park is downtown Halifax’s premier living and shopping destination—a landmark attraction for everyone in search of the finest our city has to offer. Fully occupied.
- Prime street-level retail space in North & South buildings
- Flexible Class “A” retail space
- Window walls overlooking Halifax Public Gardens
- High pedestrian & vehicle traffic
- Over 300 condos and apartments between the two residential buildings
In Good Company
- Credit Union
- The Highlander Spa
- Sushi Jet
5566 SACKVILLE STREET
Originally designed by the renowned Halifax architect Andrew Cobb in the early 1900s for the Maritime Telegraph and Telephone Company, 5566 Sackville Street has since seen two expansions. Perfectly situated across from Citadel Hill at the gateway to Downtown Halifax, the property offers green space views and health and wellness amenities in immediate proximity all while being just a minute’s walk from the heart of the downtown core.
- 10,000+ square feet of contiguous space available
- Views of the national historic site Citadel Hill
- Distribution ductwork in tact throughout rentable areas
- Fully accessible property with elevator
- Hourly parking in adjacent properties, lots, and surrounding side streets
IN GOOD COMPANY
- HFX Wanderers Retail Store and Corporate Headquarters
- JW Lindsay YMCA
Join us in the largest and most prominent building in the centre of the busiest commercial district of St. John’s. With 350,000 sq.ft. of office, retail, restaurant, and food court space, a fitness facility, an expanded street facade, outdoor decking, and an indoor atrium, you’ll find the perfect place for your successful business to call home. Inquire below.
Contact Brandon Copeland Manager – Business Development & Leasing for space availability. 1.709.687.7725 BCopeland@Martek.ca
You are using an outdated browser. Things may not appear as intended. We recommend updating your browser to the latest version.